Crete is an island full of surprises. From cliffs, to white sand beaches, volcanic mountains to palm beaches— if you are looking for a laid-back island in Europe, where you can enjoy the nature and authentic towns of the Greek island— you’ll lose yourself, where time seems to stand still.
The south coast of Crete is less filled with tourism than the northern part of the island. A visit to villages is where you can sense an older, truer, more timeless Crete.
Where to Stay in Crete?
- Acro Suites – A Wellbeing Resort
- Casa Delfino Hotel & Spa
- Blue Palace Elounda, a Luxury Collection Resort
- Pilot Amphora Boutique Hotel “Adults Only”
- Manili Boutique Suites & Villas
- Elysium Boutique Hotel & Spa (Adults Only)
- Asterion Suites & Spa
Where to eat out in Crete?
- AVLI Xanthoudidou 22 & Radamanthios, Rethymnon
- 1600 Raki Ba Raki, Rethymnon
- Lemonokipos, Rethymnon
- STERNA TOU BLOUMOSIFIS Vamos
- En Plo, Heraklion
- THALASSINO AGERI Vivlaki 35, Halepa, Chania
- THE OLD PHOENIX Finikas Bay, beyond Loutro
- Erganos, Heraklion
- Alάtsi, Plakias
What to see in Crete?
- CHURCHES AGIOS GEORGIOS GALATAS Near Mires
- PANAGIA KALIVIANI Near Mires
- HISTORICAL SITES AGIA TRIADA Near Mires
- KNOSSOS Near Iraklion
- PHAESTOS Near Mires
- MUSEUMS HERAKLION ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM Xanthoudidou Street, Iraklion
Things to do in Crete?
- FOOD ON THE LASITHI PLATEAU
- VINEYARDS OF WESTERN CRETE
- EXCURSIONS CHURCHES AND MONASTERIES
Where to swim in Crete?
- Preveli / Palm Beach
- Red Beach
- Seitan Limania
Where to shop in Crete?
- MOKA, Rethymnon for Cretan mountain tea, herbs, spices, coffee, sweets etc.
- CARMELLA 7, Angelou Street, Chania. For handmade ceramics and jewellery.
- FANOURAKIS Nikiforou Foka Square, Iraklion, Crete Established in 1860, this shop sells exquisite copies of Minoan jewellery, plus modern pieces.
- MARKETS — shop in the markets in Rethymnon, Chania and Iraklion for olive oil, cheese, honey and paximadia, a traditional Cretan bread.
Photography (c) Disi Couture
**This content was brought to you in a friendly collaboration with the Acro Suites where I was offered 2 complimentary nights, including complimentary breakfast.CreteGreeceHotelTravelTravel Guide