Even though I turned 37 this year, I don’t see any major changes in my face, but prevention is better than cure. At the beginning of this year, I decided to visit Dr. Karin Bartsch to try Ultherapy. As we all know that, with age— face and décolleté area starts to loose the elasticity and firmness. No matter what skincare you use, the skin won’t be able to built collagen itself. When I heard about Ultherapy’s non-invasive, no-downtime skin lifting and tightening benefits— this treatment caught my attention immediately. Here is why I tried the Ultherapy?
Ultherapy is a non-invasive (no injections or surgery!) treatment cleared by the FDA for lifting the skin on the face, neck and chin. Ultherapy uses micro-focused ultrasound to lift and tighten loose skin over time, without any downtime.
Ultherapy relies on ultrasound therapy to go deeper than other non-invasive treatments for collagen stimulation, so it leverages traditional ultrasound imaging so Ultherapy providers can see the layers of tissue they are treating. This ensures the treatment energy is delivered to where it benefits you most. (1,2,3)
Ultherapy uses microfocused ultrasound to generate a thermal effect under the skin, and it works by stimulating the production of the body’s own collagen and elastin. The thermal effect helps your skin to produce fresh and new collagen— the results are natural, but visible.
A good candidate for Ultherapy is anyone in their 30s and older, with some degree of sagging skin or feeling less firm. Fine lines, wrinkles on the chest, loose skin under the neck or chin might be a good candidate. If you are not ready for surgery, Ultherapy might be an option and to maintain the loose skin as well as the fine lines and wrinkles.
These are the steps that take place before the treatment starts:
- Step 1: Consultation with Dr.
- Step 2: Photos of the face are taken for reference.
- Step 3: Numbing cream is applied to the whole face and left on for 20-30 minutes. (I also took one oral painkiller one hour before the treatment, but this is optional.)
- Step 4: Ultrasound gel is applied to the face.
- Step 5: The procedure begins.
HOW MUCH DOES ULTHERAPY COST?
The costs vary depending on the treated region and combination:
- Tear sac per treatment from €250.-
- Lower face / upper throat €1.490.-
- Throat €990.-
- Cleavage €890.-
- Hanging cheeks €1.390.-
- Double chin €990.-
- Initial consultation for new patients: 50 €
Source/Reference: The Aesthetic Vienna
Almost 5 months after having this procedure, I notice firmness on my jawline and chin area. Even tough, a second Ultherapy treatment could deliver optimal results, however I am happy how firm and lifted my lower face looks with only one treatment.
My advice to anyone considering ultheraoy is that— it’s definitely worth it. Although it cannot be compared to a lifting surgery, but this is a great opportunity if you want a non-invasive, no-downtime skin lifting and tightening treatment cleared by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to lift the skin on the neck, under the chin, as well as to improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles on the décolleté.
- Ulthera Instructions For Use.
- Fabi SG, Joseph J, Sevi J, Green JB, Peterson JD. Optimizing patient outcomes by customizing treatment with microfocused ultrasound with visualization: gold standard consensus guidelines from an expert panel. J Drugs Dermatol. 2019;18(5):426-432.
- White WM, Makin IR, Barthe PG, Slayton MN, Gliklich RE. Selective creation of thermal injury zones in the superficial musculoaponeurotic system using intense ultrasound therapy: a new target for noninvasive facial rejuvenation. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2007;9(1):22-29.
Disclaimer: I received complimentary Ultherapy in exchange for an honest review.AestheticsBeautyDr. Katrin BartschUltherapyViennaWien