Fall brings cooler weather and depending on the location, some places have more humidity or dry cold weather, which causes dry skin. Since I live mostly in Vienna, in October weather significantly drops and it becomes windier in fall and winter. Therefore, my skincare routine changes, so I love to apply layers of serums and moisturizers to keep my skin more hydrated.Continue Reading…
Winter in Vienna is no joke, so trust me when I say I’ve tried all the hand creams out there, and most of them just don’t hold up.
“Your hands are so soft!” this will be the compliment you’ll get, when you use the newest Intense Repair CICA Balsam by Neutrogena. Clinically proven, highly concentrated lotion formula rapidly heals dry hands. It noticeably improves the look and feel of your skin. I keep the CICA balm on my desk and in my purse at all times, even more so now with all the handwashing and hand sanitizer going around. This drugstore formula somehow manages to thoroughly coat my hands without being greasy or leaving excess residue. Also, it’s nice that it’s fragrance-free since I like to reapply throughout the day.Continue Reading…
This time last year, I was honored to present my nighttime skincare routine with Estée Lauder, where I talked a lot about my skincare routine. Today I will not talk about the steps I use before I go to bed or in the morning, but specifically the importance of a serum and how to use it for a dewy makeup look?Continue Reading…
We all have those days when our under-eyes need extra love. Whether we are sleep deprived, had a long night out, or just generally exhausted—a good eye mask works like magic. From classic cream to sheet masks, or hydrogel masks—the selection is endless.Continue Reading…
The golden goddess – Turmeric has always been a staple of Ayurvedic remedies, Chinese medicine and Indian cuisine. This powerful powder has ant-inflammatory, antioxidant and anti-aging benefits. If you know me, you’ve seen that I love turmeric, not only in my golden milk or meals, but also for my skin.
Neutrogena® was my first skincare brand I used as a teenager, that saved my skin from impurities and dehydration. They have a large product line with skincare products for all skin types and issues. Though for the first time they used the soothing powers of turmeric in the ‘Clear & Soothe’ range.Continue Reading…
I have been taking care of my skin since a young age. In my twenties, I never had skin problems; I just needed extra moisturizer for my dry skin, et voilà, glowing skin all-year-long! But this changed when I got thirty. Not just that a moisturizer wouldn’t help me to get the glow, but I had to face my worst breakouts ever. With the help of the right skincare products and home remedies I could heal my skin. Since then my nighttime routine is the number one priority before I go to bed.Continue Reading…
La Prairie presents the new Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold, a lightweight, matte-finish, gold-infused perfecting treatment
Last week I was invited to the launch of the newest La Prairie Cellular Radiance Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold, a lightweight, matte-finish, gold-infused perfecting treatment. This Perfecting Fluide Pure Gold deeply revitalizes skin as it perfects improving skin quality and texture from within.
The SkinCeuticals product philosophy is built around these principles, Prevention, Protection, and Correction. Designed to prevent signs of future damage, protect healthy skin, and correct the appearance of previous damage, SkinCeuticals is committed to advanced skincare products that are backed by science.
Last week SkinCeuticals invited me among other bloggers, such as Kathi, Vicky, Mirela, Hristina and Sylvia for an exclusive SkinCeuticals treatment at Vienna’s Park Hyatt Hotel‘s SPA and to complete the luxury treatment, we were invited to a wonderful dinner at the hotels The Bank restaurant.
Starting from the professional SPA treatment I had, it was defiantly a wonderful experience. The cosmetician checked my skin in ultraviolet light box first. Sometimes we need to see in oder to believe, so luckily, there was no proof of any damage. As I already knew my eye circles are dry and also some parts of my face, like around the mouth. But my facial skin is a mixture of dry and some oily parts, like the t-zone. However, after the UV light box, I had the treatment including scrub, serum and cream added on my skin. The results were brilliant and the cosmetician gave me tips to use these following products:
1) SkinCeuticals Metacell Renewal B3: the newest SC product, launched recently and will be available from September. This lightweight gel-lotion formula would have been an option for any skin type to help treat signs of aging in skin. Metacell Renewal B3 utilizes a patent-pending inverse aqueous emulsion to deliver a high concentration of 5% niacinamide combined with 2.5% tightening tri-peptide concentrate and 15% glycerin improve the look of early photoaging. While signs of photoaging appear at different intensities according to skin biology, lifestyle, geography, sun protection behavior, and skincare regimen, they have a multiplicative effect, creating a prematurely-aged appearance. Metacell Renewal B3 is a comprehensive daily corrective moisturizer that visibly corrects the appearance of early photoaging to re-clarify skin, reduce wrinkles, re-tighten surface elasticity, and even skin tone.
- Renews skin by increasing cell turnover
- Reduces the appearance of discoloration and the look of redness
- Formulated to deliver intense hydration without a tacky feel
2) SkinCeuticals Brightening UV Defense SPF 30: provides high broad-spectrum protection against photo-ageing. Formulated with a HyperBright Complex, this corrective and protective sunscreen helps prevent the occurrence of future brown spots and pigmentation. Brightening UV Defense SPF 30 is a daily-use, hydrating sunscreen with state-of-the-art UV filters. It helps prevent the appearance of UV-induced hyperpigmentation. Apply just before exposure. Re-apply frequently and generously to maintain protection, especially after swimming, perspiring or towelling. Avoid sun exposure at peak times. Avoid the eye area. In case of contact with eyes rinse immediately and thoroughly.
3) SkinCeuticals Ultra Facial Defense SPF 50: protects skin from the range of UV rays known to cause premature skin ageing. Formulated with state-of-the-art UV filters, this high-protection sunscreen helps prevent UV induced collagen breakdown. Ultra Facial Defense SPF 50 combines state-of-the-art UV filters for comprehensive protection against the appearance of UV-induced dark spots and collagen breakdown.
Apply prior to sun exposure. Re-apply frequently and generously to maintain protection, especially after swimming, perspiring or towel drying.
4) SkinCeuticals C E FERULIC®: a daytime antioxidant serum delivers advanced environmental protection, while reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
C E Ferulic is a revolutionary antioxidant combination that delivers advanced environmental protection against photoaging by neutralizing free radicals that can accelerate the appearance of aging. Provides advanced environmental protection against damaging free radicals. Increases firmness and replenishes lipids to visibly reduce wrinkles. Once absorbed, this serum can’t be washed or rubbed off. It remains effective for a minimum of 72 hours, making it an excellent step in your skincare routine. The addition of ferulic acid to 15% pure L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C) and 1% alpha tocopherol (vitamin E) doubles the protective power.
In the morning after cleansing and toning, apply 4-5 drops to a dry face, neck and chest. It is normal for vitamin C products to darken after opening due to air and light exposure. Any change in color does not affect the product’s efficacy.
So these are the products that I was professionally recommended to use, and I must say that my skin feels much better than before. It’s hydrated, luminous and glowing now and I will continue using these products from now on.
Here some insights form the SPA day and dinner:
Park Hyatt Vienna SPA Suite
Beautiful interior of The Bank Restaurant at Park Hyatt Vienna.
In a quest for ageless beauty and infinite luxury, La Prairie goes beyond ordinary skincare to intercept aging at its source. The exquisite cream, foundation and concealer was presented recently and the results are beyond excellent
La Prairie is a beauty company with an unparalleled commitment to excellence, luxury and the science of skincare. Recently the luxury cosmetics brand presented the new La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Cream and the Sheer Skin Concealer/Foundation SPF15 Caviar Spectaculaire, in a fabulous rooftop apartment at Vienna’s beautiful Palais Ferstel. Greeted by cool drinks, delicious finger-food and caviar, we were introduced to La Prairie’s wonderful new products.
Since I started to use the Skin Caviar Luxe Cream, I just fell in love with the texture and the results where visible immediately. It’s lifting and firming phenomenon, pure skin caviar extracts help support natural contours, profoundly improving the appearance of elasticity and tone. Unique proteins create a legendary satiny smoothness. Skin appears firmed and lifted. It helps to increase firmness and elasticity, also it exfoliates gently to retexture skin’s surface-attract, to bind, and to replenish moisture. This cream should be applied AM and PM. After cleansing and toning the face, neck and décolleté, but avoid the eye area.
Talking about the Sheer Skin Concealer/Foundation SPF15 Caviar Spectaculaire – the instant, natural-looking perfection floats onto your face with this dewy foundation and an exquisitely matched concealer. Skin Caviar Concealer/Foundation SPF 15 is a luxurious cream emulsion that offers full natural-looking coverage. The concealer camouflages under-eye darkness and deeper flaws. Both formulas support firming with legendary caviar extracts. It enhances application and long wear help support skin’s firmness and elasticity and natural-looking coverage of under eye darkness and flaws.
I adore La Prairie, and the Skin Caviar Luxe Cream, absorbs beautifully and gives a wonderful smooth, hydration and texture to the skin. Always use it after cleansing, toning, cream and before foundation for a night out when I want a really radiant look to my skin. It is the ultimate experience of firming and lifting, your skin will look radiant, feel softer, silkier and firmer.
This lavish cream is legendary. Yes the Skin Caviar Luxe Cream & Sheer Skin Foundation SPF15 Caviar Spectaculaire are an extravagant experience to be savored every day and not for everyones budget, but it’s worth it and the results are timeless!