It’s that time of the year again, when we don’t need any excuse to wear fancy dresses and gorgeous make-up to doll ourselves up. Now that I have my outfit ready for the New Year’s Eve, of course I also picked the right colors for my New Year’s Eve make-up look. As you already know, I have been using SENSAI Cosmetics for a very long time and each time I use any of their products (whether it’s foundation or cleansing products), I definitely feel the most comfortable in my own skin.
On a day-to-day basis, my makeup routine usually consists liquid sheer foundation, concealer, combing through my brows with a tinted gel, adding a couple of layers of mascara, tinted lip balm, a bronzer or peach-pink colored blush. But if I am going to a party, I love to experiment with meke-up a little. Life is too short to take make-up looks too serious. It should make fun and try always to choose the favorite colors depending on your mood. Getting holiday make-up right can be sometimes difficult, so here are few dos and don’ts of holiday makeup, so you get the look right every time.
Do – prepare your skin first with a pre-party exfoliation, double cleansing and double moisturizing ritual. Then use a sheet mask if needed. After you’ve cleaned and moisturized your face well, dare to try something completely different. Whether you’ve always wanted to try fake eyelashes or a glittery eye-shadow, the holidays are great to try something new. Not sure if you’ll like it? Create your new look before going to an event. Test the new eyeshadow, or the lipstick so that you look and feel your best, before your big debut.
Don’t – ever exaggerate glitter, highlighter and blush. A little sparkly shadow on the eyelids, is much flattering and attractive. For a balanced look, keep the shimmer only in one point, and more matt on the cheeks and lips.
Products I used to get the look:
- GLOWING BASE – a wonderful light make-up primer with pearlescent pigments that corrects and smooths skin tone while illuminating skin from within for a natural, healthy glow. It has a great hydrating texture that keeps the make-up looking fresh for hours. This is definitely the perfect first step to create a great make-up look. Suitable to mix with foundation on days when the skin needs a little boost.
- FLAWLESS SATIN FOUNDATION – I have been using this amazing foundation since last year’s holiday season, and I must say – I can’t do my make-up without it. It has a creamy formula that replenishes skin with refreshing, sustained hydration for a naturally gentle glow, clarifies the skin tone and delivers flawless coverage. Perfect for the evening, but also during the day if you need a bit more coverage.
- TRANSLUCENT LOOSE POWDER – I have used many loose powders in my life, but this powder is really magical. Highly translucent, featherweight powder reflects light softly for a silky finish and keeps make-up looking fresh. The luminescent pearls work for all skin tones perfectly!
- EYE SHADOW PALETTE in ES14 SHIRA KASTANE – three harmonious shadows that can be easily layered for a natural-looking gradation, with a matching eye-defining liner. This time, I choose these grey-blue tones.
- LASH VOLUMISER 38°C – The only mascara that gives you breathtaking lashes is this LASH VOLUMISER 38°C, that achieves high volume and a dramatic false lash effect within a minute. Easy to apply and rinsable with warm water at 38°C.
- ROUGE VIBRANT CREAM COLOUR – As far as party looks are concerned, a deep red or lipstick is always a favorite. This classic, creamy lipstick delivers radiant color from a single application with superior moisturizing power.
- BLOOMING BLUSH – One of my favorite blush of two sheer bendable colors that delivers natural glow with blooming color and silky luminosity for glowing radiance all day long. This Blooming Blush comes in 5 different shades.
Photography Tony Gigov
*This content was brought to you in partnership with SENSAI CosmeticsMake-upNew Year's Eve. Festive Make-upNYESensaiSENSAI Cosmetics