The Oxford shirt goes back into the 19th century, but in Scotland. Named after the Oxford University, this shirt made it to America in a short time, where the college students embraced it. Inspired by the Polo style, Oxford shirts were a must-have piece, since I was a little. Like blazers, classic jeans, trench coats, moccasins and loafers, the Oxford shirt belongs to the classics. Those who know me from the school and university time, know that the classic pieces were the essentials of my everyday style.
Whether for the office or afterwork drinks, an Oxford shirt is an excellent option for everyday. Surprisingly this season as well as on SS 20 runway shows, Oxford shirts were seen everywhere. From soft pastel shades to pinstripes, oversized and fit styles, there are numerous choices to invest on few Oxford shirts which you can wear on every occasion.
How to Wear an Oxford Shirt
- For formal events, opt for a classic white Oxford shirt.
- For parties, wear an oversized white Oxford shirt like a dress, and accessorize it with a waist belt.
- Tuck your shirt in for more formal events and untuck for casual events.
- Wear pale pink or baby blue Oxford shirts with blue jeans.
- White button up shirt with navy or camel chinos.
- Wear modern Oxford shirts with pencil skirts, chinos, tailored trousers or tailored shorts.
- Don’t be afraid to mix colors up and spice up your outfit.
Blue and White Striped Oxford Shirt
Pink and White Striped Oxford Shirt
Stripes & Modern Oxford Shirt
Shop my look
*Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and is NOT sponsored.