14th January – 3rd February 2022
Mercury is currently in retrograde motion in the sign of Capricorn according to the sidereal system of astrology. During this Mercury Rx period expect some unexpected news, revelation, and changes in government, power, and higher authorities. On a global level Capricorn is the sign of economy and finances, so the stock market may drop, get slower, or perhaps change in the dynamic of the economy or finances.
What does it mean when a planet is retrograde (Rx)?
When a planet is retrograde it means that a planet is going in backward motion from earth. In reality, it’s just an illusion created by the earth’s orbit and motion of planets revolving around the sun. In sidereal astrology a retrograde planet in your birth chart has much importance because it represents the pending karma which one is due to perform in this life. If someone has a retrograde planet it is observed that the person is very particular about the significance of that planet, the houses it owns and the lordship.
Retrograde periods are a time to go back to the past and review what you were ignoring. However, during a period of retrograde motion of a planet your ability to judge will be clouded.
Mercury goes retrograde 3 times a year and nowadays it seems to be more an event to look forward to than really understanding what this Rx period is. So, what does Mercury rule? It rules our ability to think, our intelligence and also our communication with the world. Most people think that Mercury only represents communication and intelligence but in sidereal astrology it also rules our nervous system and numerous other things. Besides that, Mercury also has significations according to your natal birth chart. For more information click here.
When Mercury goes Rx our speech can be affected and there can be misunderstanding. It is advisable to cross-check agreements and other documents. During a Mercury Rx period we can generally have a sore throat as well because Mercury rules over our throat and speech.
Mercury Rx in Capricorn
This Mercury Rx is happening in the sign of Capricorn which is ruled by Saturn. Now, Saturn is already in the sign of Capricorn and in a couple of days the Sun will be transiting over Mercury. Capricorn is a sign of sheer work but also ambition. It’s a sign that I want to prove my point and this Rx period might be a time of deep thinking and intense interaction.
- Don’t push your ideas onto others and think twice before you speak. It’s certainly a time where misunderstandings can happen.
- Capricorn rules the external world. If you are sharing anything on social media then it’s advisable to double check you’re writing and how it can be perceived by other parties.
- You can have Déjà-vu moments. Mercury rules our thoughts so there is nothing to worry about.
- You can get reminders of unpaid bills or other paperwork which need to be wrapped up. This is the time to finish those tasks.
- If you are planning to launch a new business (in any form) then it’s advisable to wait after Mercury turns direct. Capricorn rules long term projects so it’s advisable to make a decision after the Rx period.
- Writing a journal is a great remedy during mercury retrograde, as many of your thoughts turn inwards. You will be surprised to see these thoughts when mercury goes direct.
- If you are entangled in a power struggle, this may be the time that the tables will turn and the outcome may be beneficial for you.
- As Mercury is Rx and Venus is Rx as well during this time. Injustice against women (think of scandals and abuse) may come to the daylight.
- During this Mercury and Venus Rx period relationships are prone to break. People who are together for years or might seem to have the ideal relationship for the outer world, may part ways.
You might find this article interesting:
Photo (c) Thanumporn Thongkongkaew via iStock – Astrological zodiac signs inside of horoscope circle. Astrology, knowledge of stars in the sky over the milky way and moon. The power of the universe concept.
*This post is 100% not sponsored