Before stepping into the ultimate Cuba travel guide, I will start the journey with our first stay in Havana at one of the newest hotels in town.
The legendary capital of Cuba, is one of the most vibrant colonial cities I have visited. Strolling around narrow streets, surrounded with crumbling colonial façades, salsa live music everywhere, American vintage cars— it’s just like stepping back in time.
Behind the authentic and destroyed colonial façades, and only a few steps away from the National Capitol Building (El Capitolio) you’ll find the recently opened Gran Hotel Bristol by Kempinski.
ABOUT: GRAN BRISTOL LA HABANA, CUBA
Gran Hotel Bristol La Habana by Kempinski is a 4-star hotel in central Havana and features a rooftop pool and a restaurant.
Located near the Plaza de la Revolución, and approximately 4 km from the city center. Plaza Vieja and La Habana Vieja are within easy walking distance from the hotel.
The hotel offers its guests breakfast in the restaurant with a view over the National Capitol Building (El Capitolio). Depending on the season, a large selection of local specialties is offered.
The highlight of the hotel is the outdoor rooftop pool. A perfect area to enjoy the sunset and have a relaxing time before going out in the evening.
The Grand Bristol La Habana, provides spacious rooms, including a flat-screen TV, free WiFi and spacious bathrooms. Some rooms offer the garden view, and others city view. All rooms have contemporary style furniture, with vibrant colors.
The comfortable bed and pillows were the highlight of my stay.
WHAT DID I REALLY LIKE ABOUT THE GRAN HOTEL BRISTOL LA HABANA?
- Despite the central location of the hotel in the busiest center of Havana, the rooms had high quality noise-cancelling windows, so I could sleep very well.
- I really liked the comfortable bed and the pillows, as well as how clean the room was.
- I loved the rooftop pool and the view from the pool, as well as the restaurant area. Worth a visit, even for external visitors if you are looking for a calm restaurant with a wonderful view over the city.
- The drinks at the rooftop bar were excellent. Highly recommend trying the Piña Colada.
- The ladies at the front desk are very friendly and helpful, they went out of their way to accommodate all of our needs. We felt welcomed and comfortable!
WHAT IS THE SERVICE LIKE?
The service is what needs to be improved at Gran Bristol La Habana. We all know that after the COVID-19 outbreak, many hotels and restaurants were struggling to find the right personnel in the gastronomy field. I believe that Gran Bristol La Habana will also improve this part soon.
WHAT WOULD I LIKE TO CHANGE AT THE GRAN HOTEL BRISTOL LA HABANA?
- As mentioned above, I would like to improve the service.
- The breakfast should be either an open buffet, or à la carte breakfast. On the first day, we had a buffet breakfast, which was quite good. On the second day, the buffet was empty and we received a basket of bread and pâtisserie, fruits, cheese and eggs of choice. It was a bit confusing why the change happened on the second day. However, this is not a critique, but I would prefer either a buffet or à la carte breakfast.
Gran Bristol La Habana is located in one of the best areas in town. Super central, near to the famous hotspots, restaurants, bars etc. It’s new, vibrant, urban chic and a perfect place to stay in the busy city center of Havana. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone who is looking for a quality stay in Havana.
Photos (c) Disi Couture
Disclaimer: This is an unpaid advertisement. I was invited to experience the Gran Bristol La Habana for two nights in a complimentary accommodation, in order to write a review about my experience.