Working from home requires a certain type of individuality. With all of the distractions around, it’s impossible to always be focused on your work. I get excited of the energy that new year brings, because there is always such a strong momentum to our new plans in every area of our lives.
For 2017, I have many personal and professional goals. So I need to be organized and focused on each goal, one at a time. I love making lists, because if I don’t write things down than my ideas will constantly fly around in my head. Why? Because I have to remember everything and at the same struggle with the ability to stay focused.
Writing down all of my ideas, and especially my to do list, helps to reduce stress about everything else that you cannot control in life. I can focus on one specific task at a time without worrying about forgetting to send a form to the bank, making a doctor appointment, forgetting to respond to a message. Do you feel the same way? Do you have the need to write down your to do list to avoid going insane? If you can relate to all of this, I know the perfect planner for you.
First things first, get a planner you absolutely love. This year, I decided to use Jo & Judy planner, and I am kind of obsessed with it. Also, don’t hold back on your office supplies, pens, business cards, etc. Investing in quality will keep you focused on that excellence in whatever area of your life it goes to. That mindset of excellence will bring you success every time.
HOW I STAY PRODUCTIVE WITH A PLANNER
I use the planner for my personal life, my blog and my projects.
So here is what I do:
- I write down my biggest goals at the beginning of the month.
- I think about what needs to be done to accomplish them and write down the specific tasks in the checklist of the week when I am planning to do it.
- On Sunday I complete my weekly checklist with anything I need to do and schedule them in the weekly calendar on the next page. It’s a Sunday ritual I have and I always feel that fun rituals keep you successful while having a blast at the same time. I light candles, put on calming music, grab some pretty pens and go to work on my week.
- On Wednesday I add anything that comes up during the weekly entrepreneur meetings.
- If there is something I didn’t have time to do I just write it down again for the following week.
- Keep yourself at a high vibration. Create a pretty vision board that inspires you, also keep a few sheets from some of your favorite books and journals.
- Allow yourself to flow. Unexpected things happen. You aren’t always going to stay on track and that’s okay. Let’s say I am working on a blog post and I am just feeling a little bit of writers block or a lack of inspiration. I drop that task and go to something that’s currently inspiring me. When you have a lot going on and you feel passionate about it, you’ll tend just to flow in it. Stay in your flow and adjust your schedule to fit that.
MAKE A LIST WHEN LIFE GETS OVERWHELMING
- Things that inspire you.
- Things that make you happy.
- Things you are grateful for this week.
- Your priorities for: life, this year, this month, this week, today.
- A shopping list.
- A meal plan for the week (easy meals!).
- Words of wisdom, when time gets tough.
- Items in your self-care toolkit.
- Your all time favorite movies, songs, books…
- Things you love about yourself.
- Your to-do list. Get everything out of your head & onto paper!
- Bills to pay, amounts and due dates!
- A house renovation or repair list.
- Decrease the clutter. Things to give away or throw out!
- Key dates: birthdays, appointments & more.
- Gift ideas for…
- Your happiest memories so far!
- Who are your favorite people and why?
- Things that are causing you stress.
- Your bucket list.
Photos © Disi Couture
love your blog, and you have a great picture
nice to know you,
greet from Indonesia.
Thank you so much for your feedback, Ade! x
Woow, Danke, war sehr hilfreich! Ich werd mir ein paar Tipps abschauen. 🙂
LG Jeff Santiago
Das freut mich zu hören! 🙂