It’s that time of the year again… mid May and my birthday! I didn’t want to plan anything for my birthday this year. I had a great trip to Amalfi and South Tyrol, now I am planing my trip to Bali end of this month – so it’s more than enough for me. But birthday’s aren’t just for you. They’re for your friends! It’s their chance to let their hair down, throw on something sparkly and dance the night away… with no guilt, because after all… they’re doing it for your birthday! 🙂 This year, I gathered my family and closest friends for a pre-birthday brunch on Sunday and today I will celebrate my after-birthday with champagne and cake with my close friends.
Thinking about an easy dessert recipe ‘made with love’ with Philadelphia, cheesecake parfait is my jam. After much consideration and a good deal of deliberation, I’ve decided that a cheesecake parfait with Philadelphia, is a dessert with style. Sweet but not too sweet, fresh, fluffy and crunchy. It’s the perfect dessert for dinner or tea time, but for a birthday it feels even more special. I love to make cheesecake parfaits that are just as scrumptious as they sound.
Philadelphia ‘made with love’ cheesecake parfaits are made with cream cheese, strawberries and sweet topping.
To make cheesecake parfait for 4 persons, you’ll need:
- 1 x pieplant (rhubarb)
- 6 strawberries (approx. 10 g)
- 1 x package crumble mix
- 1 x package Philadelphia
- 1 cup yoghurt (125 g)
- 2 pieces butter (30 g)
- 1 package pistachio (15 g)
- 1 piece lemon
- 1 piece vanilla bean
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Wash the rhubarb, peel the outer shell with a kitchen knife and cut into pieces about 1 cm thick. Add 1 tbsp sugar to a pot. Leave to caramelize for about 7 minutes and stir it occasionally.
- Wash the strawberries and cut them into small pieces. Season the fresh strawberries under the cooked rhubarb and refrigerate.
- Fill the crumble mixture into a bowl. Add hand warm butter and knead with your hands until sprinkles are formed.
- Sprinkle the sprinkles on a baking sheet with baking paper and bake for 10 minutes around preheated oven.
- The lemon halve and squeeze the juice of half the lemon. The vanilla had halved in half and scratched the marrow with the back of a knife.
- Philadelphia, yogurt, 2 tbsp sugar, lemon juice and vanilla in a bowl and mix with the eggbeater to a smooth cream. Cool until refrigerated.
- First the finished sprinkles, then the cream and the strawberry rhubarb mix in 4 glasses layer and with the pistachios garnish. The dessert can be stored in the refrigerator until it is served.
With this speedy strawberry cheesecake parfait recipe, you’ll have dessert on the table in less than 30 minutes and a showstopper you’ll keep making forever and ever. Just keep them in the fridge and grab a spoon when you’re ready to dig in!
*In friendly cooperation with Philadelphia